Friday, October 01, 2010

Searching everywhere for the lost

During all my trials I hear disparaging speeches about religion, about faith, about the Bible.

"Please," I object, "do not talk about the Bible in such a way. The Holy Spirit sealed every word of it."

"I do not see any seal here!"

"But it's there. Anyone can see it."

"Show me," the prison warden says, and going to the cabinet he takes out a Bible, and places it in my hands

My soul rejoices! Thank You, God, that I can take a Bible in my hands and can read from it!

"Stop turning the pages," the warden shouts. "Read what is in front of you!"

I begin to read aloud, "I will search for the lost..."

The warden interrupts my reading with a sarcastic laugh. "I wonder how will God find you, the lost!"

"But I have already been found," I remark.

"Then who is lost?"

"You."

[SSz, BR, 1997]

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Is this from a book that you are translating? I want to keep reading:)

2:18 PM  
Blogger CS said...

No, not yet at any rate, but I'll pass on your comment to the book's publishers! But if you liked that, you'll probably also like Not by bread alone Definitely worth your checking out :)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks! will do:)

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home