Friday, August 27, 2010

Be Still, Go Forward

I searched my mind for some strength from God’s word for this moment, and suddenly the Holy Spirit enlightened to me the words the Lord had spoken to Moses. "The Lord will fight for you, you need only be still ... why are you crying out to me, tell the children of Israel to go forward." (Exodus14:14-15)

To be still was not for me to retreat, but was a starting point for me to lift up the rod of the Lord. The time had come for us to march forward in a close relationship with Him, and to stretch up our hands to Him. If you stop in a place where you can only see the armies of the enemies, fear will strike you. The children of Israel began to murmur and complain because they had stopped out of fear. They could not go forward because of what their natural eyes saw. If our eyes are under the Serpent’s spell, we will become paralyzed with fear. It is not only sin that has the power to paralyze, but also fear, confusion, and unrest.

Slowly the corridor I was in lightened, and with it my entire being slowly became full of Light. There was nothing for me left to do now, but to put myself totally in the Lord’s hands, and follow the way His rod leads me.


[JF, TOATR, 1989]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home