Saturday, October 29, 2005

Rejoice In This

And the seventy returned with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject to us through Your Name. And He said to them, "I saw Satan falling out of Heaven as lightning! Behold, I have given you the authority to tread on snakes and scorpions, and on all the power of the Enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. But stop rejoicing in this, that the evil spirits submit to you; rather rejoice in this, that your names are written in Heaven."
(Luke 10:17-20)

See, because of Jesus we have our names written in heaven. He must be our only source of joy. Stop rejoicing in the results of your work, like the demons being subject to us through His Name, etc. Rejoice in the Sender instead of rejoicing in those to whom you were sent. Rejoice in the Sender rather than being disappointed in those to whom you were sent when they don't appreciate your effort and care. A Christian is not looking at what is before his eyes, but is looking back to the One who sent him. In this way, he will always be cheerful, not dependent on those to whom he was sent, but dependent exclusively on the One who has sent him.

[LH, (c)2005]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just needed to hear this, so often I face the world telling them (us) about Jesus without realising I am turning my back to the Saviour. I might even become cheerful

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a timely message...as I debate whether I am at the church I should be at...Look to the Sender. My thanks,

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hit the spot as I tackled the dreariness of Monday morning, looking ahead to the work week and wondering why I do what I do...so good to be reminded of where my happiness should come from.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home